We have been told by officials at AFC Brixton that that the away team (SE Dons) have a major following on social media. They stream all their games live on U tube and are very active on Twitter etc. Apparently this has had the effect of drawing a large number of followers who are now starting to watch their fixtures. AFC Brixton have spoken with their opponents and the Cup organisers who both expect a large away crowd.
Whist this will not resemble the crowds drawn by Crystal Palace FC, it may be significant for recreational football. We have asked that SE Dons FC assist us by trying to forecast numbers. We are working with AFC Brixton to mitigate the effects of a large crowd of spectators. On Sunday we have
- Closed the car park for casual users and advised all teams to use public transport.
- Sought volunteer stewards from member clubs
- Timetabled other football fixtures to different kick off times to ease numbers.
- Asked SE Dons FC to help with stewarding and crowd control
- Arranged additional staff in the SCST Pavilion
I hope that we can enable the spectators to enjoy their experience of our facilities at Turney Road. I would be grateful if you could alert our neighbours that there may be larger than usual number of people walking in local streets on Sunday morning.